Årdal Parish, Rogaland, Norway Genealogy
Microfilms at the Family History Library cover the years: 1760-1961. See Family History Library Catalog for full details and microfilm numbers.
- Christenings (Døbte): 1760-1961
- Introductions (Introduserte): 1799-1816
- Confirmations (Konfirmerte): 1760-1797, 1799-1815, 1817-1924
- Banns (Lysninger): 1799-1816
- Engagements (Trolovede): 1760-1798
- Marriages (Viede): 1760-1926
- Stillborn (Dødfødte): 1799-1816
- Burials (Begravede): 1760-1926
- Vaccinations (Vaksinerte): 1814-1816, 1843-1861, 1863-1866
- Moving in and out (Inflyttede og Utflyttede): 1824-1861, 1863-1913
- Removed or added to state church (1849, 1896-1925
Digital images of the church books are available at Digitalarkivet.
- Hjelmeland / Hjelmeland, Fister, Årdal: 1760-1799
- Hjelmeland: 1799-1816
- Hjelmeland / Årdal: 1816-1926
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666 Microfilm
This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1701 Census - Manntall 1701 Microfilm
The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. May also include the residence of a male servant if he came from a different clerical district.
The 1801 census (b. 38) for Hjelmeland clerical district includes Hjelmeland, Fister, and Årdal parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.
1801-telling for Hielmeland Database
The 1835 census for Hjelmeland clerical district which includes the following parishes: Hjelmeland, Fister and Årdal. Includes the farm names, head of houshold (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying in household, poor people, servants, occupation, sex, age, birthdate, in some cases death date and some other miscellaneous information.
A photo copy of the microfilm copy of the actual 1835 and 1855 censuses for Hjelmeland clerical district in Rogaland county, Norway. It includes these parishes: Hjelmeland, Årdal, and Fister. The typed register lists the farm name, parish name, year of the census and the number of the page in the photo copy book where the entry is found in the census.
The 1855 census for Hjelmeland clerical district, Rogaland county includes these parishes: Hjelmeland, Fister, and Årdal. It lists the farm name, persons name, age, some birth dates, and other misc. information. The 1865 census lists statistics only.
This census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, age, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book.
1865-telling for Hjelmeland Database
This 1875 census contains the persons name, whether resident or temporary resident, those absent from the parish and their location at the time of the census, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information
This census contains the persons name, sex, whether resident or temporary resident, those absent from the parish and their location at the time of the census, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information.
1900-telling for Hjelmeland Database
- 1616-1701. The court records contain reports of civil and criminal actions, including the allodial rights, "odelssaker". You will find names, dates, places, and relationships in these records. The records have no indexes, therefore require time to study. They are excellent sources for genealogical research and at times you can find entire families through several generations. These records must be used in conjunction with the mortgage records, probate records, or other records.
- 1670-1910: These mortgage records give information about real estate, conveyances, mortgages, and other transactions of properties. Contracts, agreements, and deeds are also recorded in these books. The panteregisters are extracts of these records. Digitised Real Estate Registers at Digitalarkivet.
Probate records for the years 1666-1795 are in the combined Ryfylke and Karmsund judicial districts in Rogaland county.
For 1786-1876 the records are in the Ryfylke judicial district.
The clerical probates are found in Ryfylke deanery in Rogaland county, Norway. They are for the years 1786-1807.
30 Aase 21 Bergeland 42 Bjørkestølen 38 Boremyren 1 Børke 43 Dritland 48 Døvig lille 3 Eggebø 33 Egland 51 Erevigen 4 Erland 39 Erlien 13 Flaadene 5 Gjeisfjeld 25 Grasdalen 29 Hia 16 Høiland 2 Ingvaldstad 35 Kaltveid 10 Kirkhus 27 Lyngsnes 40 Maaland 15 Myren 7 Mæle nedre 7 Mælsosen 32 Nes 53 Nese store 22 Rage 6 Riskedal 34 Rivjeland 11 Sedberg fremre 31 Selflaad 17 Skoarbø lille 45 Soppeland 26 Storaadalen 47 Stølen 46 Svaberg 50 Sør-Skaar 24 Tengesdal 44 Tjentland 37 Tveid 41 Tysdal søndre 23 Tysdal øvre 36 Ullestad 51 Ur 19 Valeim nedre 15 Valle 28 Viglesdalen 20 Votne 9 Ytrevold 14 Østerhus