|Zimbabwe Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Zimbabwe is a country in Africa bordered by Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa and Zambia. The UK annexed Southern Rhodesia from the [British] South Africa Company in 1923. It gained full independence in 1980. There are 16 official languages.
Getting Started with Zimbabwe Research
Links to articles on getting started with Zimbabwe research.
Zimbabwe Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Zimbabwe research.
More "Zimbabwe" Research Tools
Research tools can include resources that assist in locating correct records to search and determining the correct locality to search in. Below are links and Wiki articles to research tools in Zimbabwe.
- African Genealogy Databases
- adoptionregistry, adoptee and birth parent registry
- CousinConnect, message board on Zimbabwe- some activity
- Gedcomindex, website of gedcom files on the internet by country
- Genealogical Society of South Africa - cemetery records in Zimbabwe, various cemeteries, photos and transcriptions
- Kindred Trails - listing of on-line resources for Zimbabwe
- Rootsweb, message board on Zimbabwe- some activity
- Umtali deaths, listing of deaths, some military and others.
- WorldGenWeb, good general Zimbabwe site
- Zimbabwe Jewish Community, cemetery images and transcriptions, marriage records
- Pioneers and Early Settlers
- Rhodesia Brick Walls
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Zimbabwe Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- 1690-2011 - South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records (Stellenbosch Archive), 1690-2011 at FamilySearch — index and images
- Wikipedia contributors, "Zimbabwe," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe, accessed 19 April 2016.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Provinces of Zimbabwe," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Zimbabwe, accessed 19 April 2016.