Yorktown New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Please call to confirm hours of operation or to set up an appointment with one of our temple and family history consultants.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 801 Kitchawan Rd Ossining NY 10562 United States
- 1-845-519-8508 (Tiffany Wacaser phone)
- email@example.com (use this email first)
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm -call first
- By appointment
Closed last week in December and all holidays:
Calendar and Events
February 25- Document, Document, Document (a class focusing on finding sources and attaching them to your family tree)
March 4- Using Relative Finder and Puzzilla to identify new avenues of research on your family tree.
March 11- Indexing
April 15- Family Search Basics for Spanish Speaking Members
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties- Swedish research- Tiffany Wacaser is fluent in Swedish. Research techniques.
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.