Yorkshire Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with H
Here is a list of Yorkshire parishes beginning with the letters Ha through Hi and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over them. Note: Due to the large number of parishes beginning with H, some rows in the table below contain the names of more than one parish if the court jurisdictions are the same.
For other parishes, click on a letter link:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York.
5. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.