York Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The York Family History Center has 5 computers that can be used to do research on family ancestors. We have 2 film readers and knowledgeable consultants to help you.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2100 Hollywood Dr. York, PA 17403 United States
- Use the parking lot found beside the entrance to Queensgate Shopping Center.
- Ring the doorbell on the left side of the back door to enter the building.
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 6:30pM-8:30PM
- Thursday:9:00am–12:00pm and 6:30PM–8:30PM
Closed when York County Schools are closed or delayed: New Year's Day, President's Day Weekend: Spring LDS General Conference (first Saturday in April): Memorial Day Weekend: Fourth of July: Labor Day Weekend: Fall General Conference (first Saturday in October): Thanksgiving Extended Weekend, Christmas Eve thru New Year's Eve: Pennsylvania Primary and General Election Days:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers
- 2 Microfilm Readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.