|Wyoming Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Wyoming Biography Database
- Paper Trail
- Wyoming Folks, Oral Histories Wyoming
- Progressive Men of the State of Wyoming ...
- Men of Wyoming : the national newspaper reference book of Wyoming containing photographs and biographies of over three hundred men residents, e-book
The best collection of published biographies in Wyoming is at the Wyoming State Archives. The American Heritage Center at the University of Wyoming also collects biographical works and has an online collection. Select University of Wyoming or Wyoming State Archives as the institution.
The Family History Library has a significant collection of Wyoming Biographies and bioographical materials on subjects such as women, cowboys, and prominent pioneers. Some examples of helpful biographical collections are:
- Bartlett, Ichabod S. History of Wyoming. Three Volumes. Chicago, Illinois: S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1918. FHL Book 978.7 H2b; Film 1000826 items 2-4. Volumes 2 and 3 contain biographical sketches. All three volumes are available online.
- Beach, Cora May Brown. Women of Wyoming. Two Volumes. Casper, Wyoming: S. E. Boyer, 1927. FHL Book 978.7 D3b.
- Beard, Frances B. Wyoming from Territorial Days to the Present. Three Volumes. Chicago, Ill.: American Historical Society, 1933. FHL Book 978.7 H2be; Film 1000827. Volumes 2-3 are biographical.
- Progressive Men of the State of Wyoming. Chicago, Ill.: A. W. Bowen, 1903. FHL Film 1000827 item 4. This digital copy is available online through the FamilySearch Catalog link.
- See also United States Biographies for additional sources beyond the borders of Wyoming.
- Paper Trail Online Database
- Wyoming State Archives
- Access Genealogy Wyoming Biographies
- Wyoming Genealogy Trails