World Miscellaneous Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: World Miscellaneous Deaths and Burials, 1767-1950 .
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Related Wiki Articles
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This is an index to deaths and burials for the years 1767 to 1950. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index. These records were included in the World Miscellaneous collection because the locality information for the individual record was incomplete or improperly constructed and could not be automatically parsed by the system in use at the time.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
This table shows the number of records in this collection at the country level. A detailed coverage table for this collection showing the number of marriages at the county level is available in the wiki article World Miscellaneous Deaths and Burials, Coverage Table (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing this Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- This collection is incomplete, you may want to look in collections specific to the locality your ancestor lived in
Related Wiki Articles
- Helpful International Websites
- World Miscellaneous Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- World Miscellaneous Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Quick Research Links - England
- Quick Research Links - Wales
- Quick Research Links - Ireland
- Quick Research Links - Scotland
- Quick Research Links - The Channel Islands
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"World Miscellaneous Deaths and Burials, 1767-1950." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 20 March 2017. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.}}
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.