Wood Walton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
Guide to Wood Walton, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Wood Walton or Walton, Wood (St. Andrew), is a parish, in the hundred of Norman-Cross, and the union of Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire, 7 miles N W from Huntingdon.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Wood Walton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Wood Walton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Original church records are available from the Huntingdon Records Office. To view their available content, Records click here. Additional records are available from the Huntingdon Family History Society.
- Parish Registers for Wood Walton, 1605-1875 are available on film through a Family History Center and at the Family History Library. The first film number is 1040731.
- Bishop's transcripts for Wood Walton, 1605-1874 are available on film through a Family History Center and at the Family History Library. The first film number is 1041716.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Wood Walton on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848. Date accessed: 22 August 2013.
- 'Huntingdonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.