Winterborne Anderson, Dorset Genealogy
Guide to Anderson, Dorset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Winterborne Anderson, Dorset|
|Poor Law Union||Blandford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury|
ANDERSTON, or Anderson (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of CoombsDitch, Blandford division of Dorset, 6 miles (S.) from the town of Blandford. 
Also known as Winterborne Anderson.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., Topographical Dictionary of England. Accessed: 31 January 2013.
- Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 4 July 2012.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Dorset,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 23 April 2012.
- 'Dorset Marriages,' Find My Past, accessed 28 July 2012.