Window Rock Arizona Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This location serves the Window Rock, Fort Defiance, St. Michaels, Hunters Point, Ganado, and Sawmill, AZ, and Navajo and Crystal, NM areas. Everyone is welcome to visit though, no matter where you are from. This center is set up to assist Native Americans in this area to research their Family History.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 366A Hwy 264 St Michaels AZ 86511 United States
- Location Map
Phone: This center does not have a phone.
Family History Director email: email@example.com
- Tuesday 7pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday 7pm - 8:30pm
- By appointment - contact Window Rock First or Second Ward
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Microfilm kept on file here includes Federal Census Records for the Native Americans in this area. (Navajo and Hopi, maybe others)
- Biography of Sam Little and his family
- Looking Back & Looking Forward - Ganado Branch History (2009)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have one computer, microfilm reader, and a printer/scanner that will scan your documents to a USB drive. Bring your own flash drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)