Wiki Tools for Research
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notifications of Changes—Watching Pages[edit | edit source]
- For example, if you are researching in Albany, New York, "Watch" the following pages:
- New York, United States Genealogy
- Each time information is added to one of those pages, you will receive an email.
- You must be signed into the Wiki for this feature to work.
- Main article: Help:Watchlist
Categories[edit | edit source]
- Wiki Categories or Topics allow you to view articles that are related. You can review a Category Page to see all wiki pages on a particular topic.
- See all categories here:
- Some particularly useful categories, with a lot of information, can be found listed in the following articles:
Talk Pages[edit | edit source]
- Is information missing that would make an article more complete? Add a note to the Talk Page to ask a question or request Wiki Contributors to add information to that page. To add a note:
- Click on the Talk tab in the upper left to get to the Talk page.
- Click on "Edit" or "Edit Source" in the top right corner of the screen to add content. Be sure to save your changes. (You must be signed in with a FamilySearch account).
[edit | edit source]
- You can use the navigation bar on the left hand of the screen to navigate the Wiki including Browse by Country and Research Resources.
- You can also use the Search field in the top left hand corner to type in localities, such as a county, state, or country or topics and record types, such as Census Records or Research Process.
- In the top right hand corner, you will find links to your User page, User talk page, Preferences, Watchlist of articles and contributions. A link to your personal sandbox is located on the left navigation bar under the Volunteer and Helper section.
- Learn more about these menus and how to use them.
Learn more about using the Wiki[edit | edit source]
Basic Wiki Searches
About the Wiki
Keys to Success Using the Wiki
Ask a Question