Whitingham, Windham County, Vermont Genealogy
Whitingham, originally known as Sadawga Springs, was chartered March 12, 1770. The town lies in the southern part of Vermont with it's southern border along the Massachusetts state line. Whitingham is the birthplace of Brigham Young, the second President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and founder of Salt Lake City, Utah. 
- The History of Whitingham, Windham Co., VT: 1776-1886, by Clark Jillson, Abby Maria Hemenway (1886) - view a digital version of book online free of charge.
- Green leaves from Whitingham, Vermont : a history of the town (1894), by Clark, Franklin and Mary Jillson - view a digital version of this book online free of charge.
- Some facts about the early history of Whitingham, Vermont (1916), by Butterfield, A. Augustine - view a digital version of this book online free of charge.
- Stories of Whitingham, by Marjorie W. Graves (1975) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Whitingham is Marlboro.
Marlboro Probate Court
80 Flat St
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Phone: (802) 257-2898
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Whitingham. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Windham County, website at this link.
- Carly Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Cutting Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Davidson Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Green Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Jewell Cemetery (aka Wheeler Hill Cemetery) - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Riverview Cemetery (aka Sherman Cemetery) - insrciptions at Find A Grave site.
- Sadawga Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Cemetery records of the town of Whitingham, VT, 1791-1895, are on microfilm at the Family History Library.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1908-1994, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Whitingham Town Clerk's Office. These include Death certificates 1989-2002 (Whitingham, Vermont), Land records, 1777-1909; with general index, Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1769-1994; indexes to births, marriages, deaths, 1764-1994, and Town records, book 1, 1764-1837.
Whitingham Town Clerk
P.O. Box 529
2948 VT Route 100
Jacksonville, VT 05342
Libraries and Historical Societies
Whitingham Historical Society
13 Stimpson Hill Rd.
Whitingham, VT 05361
Phone: (802) 368-2586
Whitingham Free Public Library
2948 Vermont 100
Jacksonville, VT 05342
Phone: (802) 368-7506
- About Whitingham, VT - Virtual Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/whitingham.html#about
- History of the Town of Whitingham, VT http://sites.rootsweb.com/~vermont/WindhamWhitingham.html