Weybourne, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Weybourne, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1727|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1601|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WAYBOURNE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. E.) from Holt. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Weybourne, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Weybourne, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 473
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Craske, Donald. The Craskes of Foulsham, Weybourne, Holt Etc. Family history of Thomas Craske and Susannah surname unknown, of Foulsham. One of the descendants moves to Liskeard, Cornwall, and then to Blean/Margate, Kent and then some of their children moved to India, and South Africa. Surnames mentioned, Knight, Ireland, Pegg, Funnell, Garbutt, Harvard, Noble, French, Welton with a photo of one of the Craske Chemist shops. Article covers years 1798-1923, and is to be found in The Norfolk Ancestor, vol. 7 pt. 7 pages 228-229, December, 1994, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j v. 7. n6-13.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Weybourne on GenUKI
- Weybourne All Saints on A Church Near You
- Weybourne on North Norfolk Images
- Church of All Saints Weybourne on British Listed Buildings
- Panoramic view and map view of the church and village
- Weybourne on Norfolk Churches
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 486-490. Date accessed: 06 August 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.