Weston-by-Crewe, Cheshire Genealogy
Weston All Saints is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1841 from Wybunbury, Cheshire Ancient Parish.
The Church of All Saints in Weston village was founded in 1838 and became a parish church in 1841; the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Englesea Brook Lane is also in the village. Both are listed at grade II. A cemetery, founded in 1902, is located on Cemetery Road.
Weston is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village lies 3 miles to the south east of Crewe. The parish also includes the small settlements of Carters Green, Gorsthill, Rose Hill, Snape, Stowford and part of Englesea Brook. Nearby villages include Basford, Hough and Shavington.
Congleton and Crewe (1974–88)
South Cheshire (1988–98)
Cheshire Central (post 1998) The post 2009 reorganisation of civil registration can be found online at Cheshire BMD
Non Conformist Churches
Englesea Brook, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan). Registers 1842–1957 are at the Cheshire Record Office.
Weston, Mount Pleasant Methodist Chapel (Primitive). Built in 1854, closed in 1959.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers