West Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from West Springfield, Massachusetts)
- Catskill Road from Springfield, Massachusetts to Catskill, New York 1750s
- King's Highway, also known as the upper fork of the Boston Post Road, from Boston, Massachusetts to Charleston, South Carolina 1650s
- Old Connecticut Path from Boston, Massachusetts to Hartford, Connecticut 1630
- Hampden and Berkshire Turnpike from near Springfield, MA to the Becket Turnpike at Becket, MA; toll booths open from 1829 to 1852; now I-90.
- Connecticut River ancient pathway
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. WorldCat entry; FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Frederic J. Wood, "The Hampden and Berkshire Turnpike" in The Turnpikes of New England and the Evolution of the Same Through England, Virginia, and Maryland (Boston: Marshall Jones, 1919), 203-205. Internet Archive version online.