Wellow, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Wellow, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Bath|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
WELLOW (St. Julian), a parish, in the union of Bath, hundred of Wellow, E. division of Somerset, 5 miles (S.) from Bath. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bath Civil Registration District has a complete index of civil registration from 1837-2007 online through the volunteer effort of Bath BMD,England Marriage registrations post 2007 are added as index become available. There are detailed content tables available.
Wellow, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Wellow, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Somerset Online Parish Clerks
Contributor include here any information about the transcripts for the parish and links to the Online Parish Clerk material.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 26 September 2013.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1531-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Marriage Registers, Bonds and Allegations, 1754-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 29 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.