Wellington New Zealand Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Wellington Stake Family History Centre is a free resource available to all in the Wellington region interested in researching their geneology. The Centre is complete with free internet access and subscriptions to all major geneological research websites for public use, as well as many other records on microfiche and catalogues. Trained Consultants are also onsite to help answer any questions.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 140 Moxham Ave, Hataitai Wellington
- Abundant free parking on site
- Access the Family History Centre on the North side of the building, through a signposted door aross the lawn. There is a doorbell to use if the door is locked.
Phone: 04 386 1227
Open Hours: Tuesday 6pm - 8.30pm, and Saturday 9am - 12pm
Holiday Schedule: By arrangement
Calendar and Events
Worldwide Indexing Challenge
In the week of 7th to 14th August you are invited to participate in a Worldwide Indexing Challenge. The goal is to have 100,000 volunteers contribute within the week. The way to participate is simply to index one batch of names, and help someone else to do the same.
Members from each ward are able to make appointments to work in the Family History Centre with their ward tfh consultants on the following schedule:
Second Thursday - Wellington Ward
Third Thursday - Tawa Ward
Fourth Thursday - Harbour and Wainuiomata
Every Wednesday - Hataitai Ward
Staff Training Meetings
The first Thursday of every month is reserved for training for our Ward Temple and Family History Consultants. This is a valuable time to gather and share knowledge, and there is always more to learn!
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers with free internet access
- Microfilm readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)