Weiser Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Weiser Family History Center serves residents of Payette, Washington and Adams Counties in Idaho.
Center Location and Contact Information[edit | edit source]
- 300 East Main Street, Weiser, ID 83672 United States
- Entrance is located on the West end of the building.
- Ring bell on the left wall for admission.
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Thanksgiving week: Closed Nov. 20-25
Christmas week: Closed Dec. 25-31
New Years week: Closed Jan. 1. We will reopen Jan. 8th, 2019.
All major holidays:
2018 Closure[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Books of Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850
- Many microfilms of Mexico
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: 9 computers connected to DSL Internet; Regular and computerized microfilm readers; copier and printer
- Epson flatbed scanner. Scans photographs, documents, slides and turns negatives into digital photographs.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties:[edit | edit source]
Sweden and the ability to read old Swedish, English handwriting & Family Tree - Mary Jo Koeppen
Ancestry, Roots Magic, Indexing - Wally McCallum
Photo Editing, Family Search / Family Tree - Kathy Stone
Indexing - George Roth
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links [edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.