Weiser Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Weiser Family History Center serves residents of Payette, Washington and Adams Counties in Idaho.
Center Location and Contact Information
- 300 East Main Street Weiser ID 83672 United States
- Entrance is located on the West end of the building.
- Ring bell on the left wall for admission.
- Tuesday: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Thanksgiving week: Closed Nov. 20-25
Christmas week: Closed Dec. 25-31
New Years week: Closed Jan. 1. We will reopen Jan. 2nd.
All major holidays:
- Books of Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850
- Many microfilms of Mexico
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: 8 computers connected to DSL Internet; Regular and computerized microfilm readers; copier and printer
Staff Research Specialties:
Sweden and the ability to read old Swedish and English handwriting - Mary Jo Koeppen
Russia, Germany, PAF, Ancestral Quest and many US States - Marlene Peine
www.findagrave.com, obituaries, German and Hebrew languages, Picasa - Dan Fowler
Ancestry, Roots Magic, Indexing - Wally McCallum
Picasa - Kathy Stone
Indexing - George Roth
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.