Weathersfield, Windsor County, Vermont Genealogy
The town of Weathersfield was chartered on August 20, 1761. Settlement began in the town before 1765 and organization took place in 1768. The first town meeting was held on May 19, 1772.
In 1830 a post office was opened at the village which is now known as Ascutney. The office was named just Corners (not Weathersfield Corners, as was intended). In 1851 the name of the post office was changed to Ascutneyville and in 1924, it was changed to Ascutney.
The Vermont Historical Gazetteer is a 5 volume set of historical information by Abby Maria Hemenway with Volume I published in 1867 and Volume V completed in 1891 after her death. Also available online in PDF format at this link.
Weathersfield (includes Century One and Two), by John L Hurd - Find the book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Weathersfiled is Windsor.
Windsor Probate Court
PO Box 402 (Cota Fuel Bdg)
N. Springfield, VT 05150
Phone: (802) 886-2284
Weathersfield directory, 1915-1916 is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Weathersfiled. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Windsor County, website at this link.
- Greenbush Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Grout Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hubbard Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Plain Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Plains Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Tolles Graveyard - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Tuttle Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Upham-Aldrich Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Weathersfield Bow Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
1. Ascutney Union Church
5243 VT Route 5
Ascutney, VT 05030
Phone: (802) 674-2484
Website: Ascutney Union Church
Digital images of Weathersfiled Town records 1732-2005 are available online at FamilySearch.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Weathersfield Town Clerk's Office. These include Land records, 1781-1900; general index to land records, 1781-1925, and Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1857-1996.
Weathersfield Town Clerk
Physical Address: 5259 VT Route 5
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 550
Ascutney, Vermont 05030
Phone: [802) 674-9500
Website: Weathers field vt Town-clerk
Libraries and Historical Societies
Weathersfield Historical Society
P.O. Box 126
Weathersfield, VT 05151
Phone: (802) 263-9345
Website: Weathersfield Community Historical Society
Weathersfield Proctor Library
5181 VT Route 5
Ascutney, Vermont 05030
Phone  674-2863
Websire: Weathersfield proctor library
- Weathersfield History, Weathersfield Historical Society, http://www.weathersfieldvt.org/ourcommunity/historical-society/94
- History of the Town of Weathersfield, VT, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/WindsorWeathersfield.html
- Virtual Vermont, Weathersfield - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/weathersfield.html#about