Waycross Georgia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2095 Central Ave Extension Waycross GA 31501 United States
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Register for classes by calling Linda Cripe, Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center; 912-816-0026
or Richard Cripe, Asst. Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center; 912-337-3780
Temple and Family History Consultant Training Tuesday, January 13,2015 10am-12
Family Tree Laptop Class beginning January 14, 2015
Wednesday mornings from 10-12 at the Waycross Family History Center for six weeks
- Bring your laptop with you if you have one"
Family History Center "Memories"
This class is designed to learn how to use the "Memories" section of Family Tree. The class will be held the 22nd of January 2015 from 6;30-8:30pm Bring a short paragraph about one of your ancestors.
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.