Warrenton Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Warrenton Family History Center serves Fauquier County, Virginia & surrounding counties. No microfilm/fiche access, please see Culpeper or Centreville FHC's for film/fiche.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 585 Fauquier Rd Warrenton VA 20187 United States
- Tuesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Sundays: during Sunday School
- By appointment or at your home
Closed Thanksgiving: Christmas week: All Fauquier County School Holidays and Snow Days:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Coming Events[edit | edit source]
Fall Family Discovery Evenings! Welcoming families for Home Evening or Saturday discovery sessions. Bring your laptop or tablet and memory books or shoeboxes of mementos. Tell stories & find your family.
[edit | edit source]
Beginning New Classes Weekly[edit | edit source]
Sundays 10:10 am & 2:10 pm
Tues. & Wed. evenings.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
WFHC has 3 computers & table for laptops, tablets, or spreading out projects, documents and photos.
The printer is set up to scan directly into your Family Search Memories Photos & Documents account.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.