Warboys, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||St Ives|
|Registration District||St Ives|
|Parish registers: 1551|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Ives|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Warboys, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Warboys (St. Mary Magdalene), is a parish, in the union of St. Ives, and the hundred of Hurstingstone, Huntingdonshire, 7 miles N E from Huntingdon. There are places of worship for Baptists and Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Warboys, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Warboys, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Original church records are available at the Huntindon Records Office. To view the available records, Records click here.
Records of the Church of Christ, gathered at Fenstanton, Warboys, and Hexham, 1644-1720 are available through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The film number is 962419.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288836.
To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee or free.
- findmypast (fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk(fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk (fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a free based UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Warboys on GENUKI
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848. Date accessed: 22 August 2013.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.