Wallagrass, Aroostook County, Maine Genealogy
Wallagrass was first organized from Township 17 Seventh Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (T17 R7 WELS) in 1840 as Hancock Plantation for election purposes, together with the township later called New Canada. In 1850 it was reorganized from part of Hancock Plantation as Walagrass Plantation, and again in 1863 when it was confirmed, and the spelling changed to Wallagrass Plantation, and again in 1870 and 1871. Wallagrass was incorporated in 1979 as a town.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Wallagrass, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 16 June 2013).