Walla Walla Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Walla Walla Washington Family History Center serves Walla Walla and surrounding areas in Oregon. Our center has computers, a printer, resource books, microfilm and reader, microfiche and reader. Our staff is ready and willing to help you with your family history efforts.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Follow us on:
- 1821 S 2nd Ave Walla Walla WA 99362 United States
- We are located inside the Church building.
- We are just inside the rear entrance that has stairs and a ramp.
- Ring the bell if doors are locked.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed all major holidays (one week for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas/New Years) and April & October General Conferences. We are closed during inclement weather and unsafe road conditions.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
We offer classes for our patrons and the community. We welcome your suggestions and feedback.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 10 computers
- 1 printer/scanner
- 2 portable scanners
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.