Virginia Minnesota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 13th St and 6th Ave W, Virginia, MN 55792
- Corner of 6th Ave South and 13th St South.
- Language: English
- Monday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Open by appointment e-mail as above to Pat Moyle.
Closed all major holidays.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- computer, microfilm reader, printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Iron Range Research Center, Discover archives that consist mainly of unpublished documentary materials such as audiovisual collections, government records, manuscript collections, map collections, and photographic collections.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)