Virginia's Portsmouth Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized during April 1861 and for a time served in the 3rd Regiment Virginia Infantry.
- Later it transferred to the artillery and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Williamsburg to Sharpsburg.
- In October 1862, the battery was broken up and the men assigned to Huger's-Moore's and Moorman's-Shoemaker's Battery.
- It was commanded by Captains Carey F. Grimes and John H. Thompson.
- AKA - Thompson's Company, Virginia Light Artillery