Virginia's Nelson Light Artillery No. 2
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized during August 1861
- This battery was assigned to A. W. Stark's, J. M. Maury's, and C. E. Lightfoot's Battalion, Department of Richmond.
- For a time it was stationed at Chaffin's Farm near Petersburg, then was active in the Richmond and Petersburg lines and the Appomattox Campaign.
- In July 1862, it contained 2 officers and 69 men, but only 2 were present at the surrender.
- Captain J. Henry Rives was in command.
- AKA - Rives' Company, Virginia Light Artillery
men from Nelson County