Virginia's Middlesex Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized as an infantry company in May 1861.
- It served as Company K (1st) in the 47th Regiment, then became Company B of the 55th Regiment.
- During February 1862, it was transferred to the artillery.
- The unit served with the Army of Northern Virginia until after the Maryland Campaign, then in October disbanded.
- The men transferred to the Ashland Light Artillery and Jackson's Flying Artillery.
- Commanded by Captain William C. Fleet.
- AKA - Fleet's Company, Virginia Artillery