Virginia's Lee Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized at Lynchburg, Virginia, in May, 1861.
- This unit was active in Lee's Cheat Mountain Campaign and Jackson's Valley operations, then served in J. W. Latimer's, R. S. Andrews', and C. M. Braxton's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- It fought with the army from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, then participated in Early's Shenandoah Valley Campaign.
- The battery took 90 men to Gettysburg and surrendered at Appomattox with 1
- Captains Pierce B. Anderson, William W. Hardwicke, and Charles I Raine.