Victorville California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(The Victor Valley Family History Center serves the entire High Desert area. There are more than 40 volunteer staff members.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Resources in the Local Area
- 5 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 12100 Ridgecrest St Victorville CA 92395 United States
- Serving the high desert location of Victor Valley.
- Please call ahead to verify that nothing unforeseen has interrupted our usual schedule.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Open by appointment only during the week of Thanksgiving: Christmas and New Years: Please schedule in advance.
Calendar and Events
Training Meetings for consultants, staff, and others is the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Center
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include19th-Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive, Access Newspaper Archive, Alexander Street Press- The American Civil War, Ancestry.com, ArkivDigital Online, Find My Past, Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com), The Genealogist, Godfrey Memorial Library, Heritage Quest Online, Historic Map Works Library Edition, Legacy Stories, Paper Trail, World Vital Records.
- Photo Editing Software
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 microfilm readers, 2 microfiche readers
- 11 computers
- 1 black/white printer
- 3 Photo scanners: Scan documents, photos, negatives, slides.
Resources in the Local Area
Please visit the Norman F. Feldheym Central Library in San Bernardino for a California collection that is unique in the world.
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteer genealogy consultants have opportunities for training in basic and advanced techniques. Assignments are usually in shifts of 4 hours a week. Come to the center or call to inquire.