Ventura California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Ventura Family history center [edit | edit source]
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location & Map:
- 3501 Loma Vista Road Ventura, CA 93003 United States
- Location Map
- Web page
- Entrance is on the west side of building, ring doobell if door is locked.
- Tuesdays 12 pm to 5pm
- Not open on Holidays.
- Closed month of August
- Closed last 2 weeks in December
- Closed Thanksgiving week
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Catalog of films, fiche, books etc on hand in the center is available on line. See "Links" below.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: 11 new computers, 3 new printers, 2 film readers, 1 Fiche reader, 1 Minolta reader/printer, card reader.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Ventura County Genealogical Society meets at the Camarillo Library 1-4 PM the third Saturday each month.
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
Ventura FH Center Includes catalog of films, books, etc.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Volunteers needed and invited for 4 hour shifts on a regular basis each week. Phone Amily Houlberg, Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center 805-320-5673