Vancouver Washington West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Vancouver Washington West Family History Center. We are located just off SR 502 in Ridgefield, Washington, west of Battle Ground, in Clark County, Washington and are ready to spend one-on-one time helping you with your family history research, whether you are just starting out or just can't seem to find the next limb on you family tree. The Center's services are free and the Center is open to the general public.
- 1 +++ Announcement +++
- 2 The Vancouver Washington West Family History Center Has Moved!"
- 3 Center Contacts and Hours
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
+++ Announcement +++[edit | edit source]
The Vancouver Washington West Family History Center Has Moved!"[edit | edit source]
The Center is now located in the Ridgefield Stake Center, at 21720 Northeast 29th Avenue, Ridgefield, WA.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Short URL to this Site:
- " bit.ly/vwwfamilyhistory"
- 21720 Northeast 29th Avenue, Ridgefield, Washington, 98642 (United States)
- We are located just off SR 502 (on the south side) between Interstate 5 and Dollars Corner.
- Use the west entrance and find the first door on the right.
- Ring the bell if the door is locked during the posted hours.
- Language: English (but Spanish language assistance can be arranged by appointment)
- 1-360-281-3953 (temporary)
- WA_VancouverWest@familyhistorymail.org (Note: New email is read only sporadically.)
- Monday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Holiday Schedule: We are closed for all federal holidays and December 22nd through January 2nd every year.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various microfilm and microfiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The Center has a considerable amount of fiche and microfilm on permanent loan.
- The Center has a library of books and other publications (located mainly in the Bliss Road Chapel and available by appointment).
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including:
- The 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive – Find.galegroup.com
- Alexander Street Press, American Civil War – Alexanderstreet.com
- American Ancestors – https://www.americanancestors.org/Membership/affiliateaccount
- Ancestry.com – Ancestry.com
- ArkivDigital Online – Arkivdigital.net
- FamNet – http://www.nzgdb.co.nz/login_pages/home2.aspx
- Find My Past – Findmypast.co.uk
- 1911 British Census (accessed through the Find My Past website)
- Fold3 – Fold3.com
- Geneanet – https://en.geneanet.org/
- Kinpoint Premium – https://kinpoint.com/
- Historic Map Works Library Edition – Proquest.historicmapworks.com/
- MyHeritage – https://myheritagelibraryedition.com/support
- Newspapers.com – https://newspaperslibrary.proquest.com/login
- Paper Trail – Genealogytoday.com
- World Vital Records – Worldvitalrecords.com
- See this link for more information on these collections.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The Center has six modern computers, two microfilm readers, a microfiche reader and a printer.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff and Schedule[edit | edit source]
Below is the list of our staff members and their scheduled hours with notes about special training they have acquired through their years of experience. If you have run into a roadblock in your research and are in need of extra special help, try letting us see what we can do.
|Clyde Nihipali||Crew Chief. Skilled in the use of FamilySearch and has film ordering expertise.|
|Randy McClellan||Skilled in Italian research|
|Pat Murphy||Crew Chief. Experienced in colonial-period research and Irish research.|
|Bob Thorn||An enthusiastic researcher. First Tuesdays only.|
|We are thinking of making this our youth night.|
|Tom Higgins||Skilled in reading French language records and genealogical research in New England, Nova Scotia, Quebec, New France and France. FHC Coordinator.|
|Dan Baptist||Experienced with Oregon public records. Skilled at mining Ancestry.com databases.|
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Address:717 N Grand Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661 Phone:(360) 750-5688 Genealogical Forum of Oregon
- 2505 S.E. 11th Ave., Suite B-18, Portland, OR 97202
- (503) 963-1932
Davies Family Research Library in Oregon Historical Society Museum
- 1200 SW Park Ave., Portland, OR 97205
- (503) 222-1741
- 3605 NE 15th Ave., Portland, OR, 97212
- (503) 988-5362
- 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR, 97301
- Point Plaza East, 6880 Capital Blvd., Tumwater, WA 98501
- (360) 704-5200
Oregon Vital Records: The Center for Health Statistics and Vital Records
- 800 NE Oregon St., Suite 205, Portland, OR 97232
- (973) 673-1180 (General Information)
- (973) 673-1190 (Ordering Information)
Washington Vital Records: Washington Department of Health-Center of Health Statistics
- Town Center 1, 101 Israel Rd., Tumwater, WA 98501
- (360) 236-4300
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We always welcome a new face at our center. Whether you are able to take on a weekly shift in the family history center or are more interested in serving as an occasional substitute, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at VancouverWest@familyhistorymail.org.