User talk:VasquezJL/Sandbox/Community Center 2
I like the clean look, and grouping things into fewer categories. What about "Get Help" or "Need Help?" instead of "Ask for Help" (which sounds like you can ask, but you may or may not get what you asked for!). I find that I'm really uncomfortable with "Give Back" - and the image of a world in someone's hands seems overly dramatic. That section seems to be about projects, mostly. What about "Join a project" instead? I'm seeing three main tasks, with the most important of the three being about finding help, so I'd position that one most prominently. Another topic might be the ways contributors can communicate with each other and collaborate. News kind of falls under communicating, doesn't it? What about: Get Help, Communicate and Collaborate, and Join a Project. Lise 02:19, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- What about Join the Team instead of Giving Back? evancol 15:15, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- I like that better! Join the Team! Lise 18:15, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- Great ideas! Cutting it down to three reminds me that we are going to get rid of the "Current Wiki Discussions" page and so all we would have is a News link then. So, it would look weird to have just one link under that page. BUT - I also think News deserves its own section. Any other ideas as to what goes along with news? I just thought of one - the Featured Articles, maybe?
- This might be a little too much, but what about calling it "See What's News" evancol 23:32, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hah, that's funny, I kinda like it... :) -- janellv 20:29, 17 October 2011 (UTC)