- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- Take a Wiki Tour.
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the forums at Forums.FamilySearch.org. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! Kara 19:59, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
Broughton Gifford Wiltshire Rolled Back Edits
I noticed that you rolled back my edits on Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire. I am interested in knowing what you found objectionable. I would caution you not to use the "Rollback" option. If you'd like to undo someone's most recent edit, you should use "Undo," as you wiped out important data from a series of edits to the page. Murphynw 01:17, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
- No objections! The references at the bottom of the page were inoperative and stated so in large red letters. I was trying to revert to a version where the references worked. Obviously, I did that poorly and I'm very sorry. Please forgive me! The wealth of English information that you and others have put on the wiki is much appreciated and I am sorry that I made that harder.
Diana47judy 01:37, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, that's fine then. :) I'm not sure why they would have gone red like that. I'll watch for that in the future. THANKS! Murphynw 01:39, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your input on my template, I am trying to figure out how to create a template menu that is like the one used by Logan Utah Family History Library. Im trying to cut and paste, also trying to use the wiki text, but the learning curve is slow.. I will try your suggestion and hope to make some more progress. Thank You. Mickeyhunt 05:02, 15 March 2014 (UTC)