- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
An invitation to the Wiki Welcome Center, a resource guide for new contributors (https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Wiki_Welcome_Center) has been sent to the contact email you shared. Please join us there.
England Church Records
Looking at your list of contributions, you appear to be a new editor. Welcome! However there are just two tips I'd like to make:
1. Your edits on the page England Church Records went against a compromise that was agreed to just a few weeks ago. See the talk page for more details https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Talk:England_Church_Records . Therefore where your edits have changed this compromise I have restored what was there previously. You are most welcome to share your ideas for this page on the Talk Page
2. I suggest that it would be easier both for you and for other editors that instead of making lots of very small edits on each page, you do a small number of larger edits. For example those who "watch" the pages you are editing will have their "watchlists" clogged with many small edits. It's also polite to write a 1 or 2 sentence description of your edits describing what you've done (you do this just before you save the edit in a special box that appears)
Hi Alec! I had a question about your edits. I work for FamilySearch and was tasked with merging the England Church Records and the "Locating England Church Records of England" (since deleted) wiki pages. All of the pertinent and new content about locating church records was moved over to the "England Church Records" web page except for the section that has since been restored back. I feel that the information about the Family History Library (and catalog) is important to have on the "England Church Records" page. Where do you feel comfortable with putting this information/section? Can I leave the IGI section alone and just add a section about the Family History Library?
Beccac1229 (talk) 19:39, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
I had a closer look at your edits and agree with the overall structure of it. However I would name the section "FamilySearch Catalog" since this wiki is aimed at online users, many of who will not be able to get to the FHL in Salt Lake City. --Av85647 (talk) 03:33, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
I made the changes again. I renamed the "IGI and FamilySearch Catalog" section to just "IGI" and added the "FamilySearch Catalog" section underneath it. If you want the IGI section to go back to its original name that is fine. Thanks, Beccac1229 (talk) 8:39, 16 May 2018 (UTC)