Hello Batsondl !
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the forums at Forums.FamilySearch.org. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members. Sandralpond 14:19, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- Danielle, love the new West Virginia page!averyld 18:57, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
Netherlands - Dutch Genealogical Resources on the Internet (National Institute)[edit source]
Regarding this article, I will firstly say that I respect the decision of the wiki authorities regarding its deletion. However my opinion remains that it is unnecessary duplication- much of the page in question has been copied and pasted to other pages. Should this wiki not be a place where everyone works together on one definitive version, rather than certain companies getting their own specially protected coverage. In the past, several of these "National Institute" pages have been deleted after I proposed it- I believe it is the last National Institute page for the Netherlands remaining- this is no "curriculum " for it to be a part of.
Also, I see you are in the Governance Council, and therefore ask if you can deal with several other deletion requests I have made- most of them 3+ months ago.
- I appreciate you letting me know that other articles have been deleted. I will change that. FamilySearch has a relationship with National Institute and we have partnered with them to add their curriculum to our Wiki. And the pages should remain intact as they have entered it. (Each page represents a class they give.) I agree that there is some out of date material in it, but the pages should remain intact. I failed to let the missionary know that deleted it. We try to help with broken links, etc, but the National Institute is to review the content themselves and have it updated. As you have seen through your use of the Wiki and your many edits, there is quite a bit of duplication on our Wiki as contributors wish to share their information. Some articles take a different angle to the information presented. We do not delete all articles that are duplicates to help encourage our uses to contribute. However, we do try to streamline information (as you have suggested with some of your deletion requests) to help people get to the articles. The articles attached to our main locality pages such as Germany or England, are the ones we wish to keep as current as possible with the best information and best website/database links. With 86,000 articles it is very difficult to keep track of everything done - as you can see as you have helped us. We appreciate your insight and edits on the Wiki as you have helped us clean up bad articles and given suggestions for combining articles. I do have on my list to review your deletion requests, which I hope to get to in the near future to see if it is best to combine them. You have been very helpful in helping us keep the most current articles linked to that locality page and sidebar and I hope you will continue. Thank you!
- Sincerely, Batsondl (talk) 20:21, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
England Church Records[edit source]
If you weren't aware, there has recently been disagreements over the content of this page, and discussions have been started on the talk page. Please discuss any changes there, as has been requested by myself and the other editor involved (DunnPB) before making edits. --Av85647 (talk) 19:46, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
In response to your email you sent to me through the wikisupport[AT]familysearch.org email address on Feb 22, I sent two emails on Feb 22 and Feb 23. I would appreciate a response to those. Thank you, --Av85647 (talk) 23:54, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay. I’m working with several other teams to come up with a solution to the problem. We want to protect our associations with our partners and provide the clearest information regarding access to the records for you and our patrons. I will be in touch with the decision that is made for verbiage on the Wiki. Please be patient. Batsondl (talk) 23:10, 11 March 2019 (UTC)