I have been doing genealogy and Family History for over 20 years now. The greatest strength of the Family Search Wiki is that everybody can add in their information to made it better. But that also means things can begin to look a little haphazard. What I really like doing on the Wiki is to organize the information to make it clear and useful, which helps everyone. I particularly like bullet points. If anyone else has a better way, then go for it. Just make the information clear and useful.
- If information is wrong or misleading, I remove it.
- If there is duplicated information, I eliminate one of them.
- Otherwise, I simplify the previously added entries.
- Then I add my own information.
I hope no one is offended by my editing. I know I am making changes to other's efforts, so I try to keep in mind what I would have wanted to see when I was just starting out in genealogy. I do this editing for those who are new and don't know where to look. This wiki can be a great resource for them.
I started out researched my Father's line, then my Mother's. Now I am researching my Wife's line as well. Below are some of the surnames I am researching and the histories I wrote.
- Spouse => Sandoval, Guillen, Madrano, Gonzalez
- The Adolfo and Jesus Sandoval Family History
- The Victorino and Elvira Medrano Family History
- Mother => Tietjen, Cluff, Hatch, Kruger
- The AH Tietjen family in Sweden
- Father => Sabin, Shumway, Smith, Dorwart
- Life and Times of Dewey Wallace Sabin
- Life and Times of Parley Pratt Sabin
- Life and Times of David Sabin
- Life and Times of Josiah Sabin
- Life and Times of William Sabin
Will happily share any of the above histories, just let me know.