Rebecca Christensen is a professional genealogist located in Lawrence, Kansas. She is experienced in U.S. research in several geographic areas. Her research services include custom U.S. research projects, Kansas research and records retrieval, consultations and problem solving.
- Active genealogical researcher, 1980-present.
- Professional genealogist, 1995-present.
Previous in-depth, multi-generational family research projects in the following areas: Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Ireland, Scotland.
- Genealogical Consultant (volunteer), 1988-1997.
- Family History Center staff, 1997-present.
- Family History Center Director, 2005-present.
- FamilySearch Indexing, indexer and arbitrator
- DNA Projects Co-Administrator, 2001-present.
Assisted many people with genealogical research in locations worldwide.
Archives and Libraries
- Kansas Historical Society, Topeka, Kansas
- National Archives at Kansas City
- Midwest Genealogy Center, Independence, Missouri
- Eisenhower Presidential Library, Abilene, Kansas (travel costs additional)
- LDS Family History Center
- research trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- other local repositories
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) member, 1995-present.
- APG Heartland Chapter, co-founder, former Chapter Representative, Program Chair, Treasurer.
- Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals, Kansas specialist
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Pace Society of America