User:Nathfamily/Sandbox/Sierra Leone, Civil Births (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Sierra Leone|
|Ministry of Health and Sanitation|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
What is in This Collection?
This is an index of civil birth registration in Sierra Leone from 1802 to 1969. Records are organized chronologically by place.
To Browse This Collection
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Birth registration 1990
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
Search the Index
=== View the Images === (Not for collections with a fakey browse/DFNL)
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
This section can be made up of either sentences or bullet points.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Look at an image of the original record, if possible. The original may contain information that was not recorded in the index
- Use the information to find other records such as marriage, death, or census records
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname, unless the surname is a common surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Try viewing any original indexes to see if there were errors in the transcription of the name, age, residence, etc.
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames, middles name, or an abbreviation of their given name