Purpose[edit | edit source]
This is a page for myself to keep all Galicia pages organized. Right now they are scattered about and have names that do not properly describe what they are. I want to fix that.
Pages that need fixing[edit | edit source]
- Austrian Poland - Basically about Galicia but its title is misleading. It leaves out other countries that were part of it like Ukraine. It needs renaming and a rewrite.
- Galicia - This is like a disambiguation page. Problem is, that it has a category like thing at the top that goes EuropeAustria Galicia which indicates Galicia is only in Austria.
- Galicia Jewish Research - this one is great but shouldn't it be a sub-page of Galicia?
- House Numbers in Galician Records - this is incredibly helpful and should be a linked article.
- Austrian Poland Jewish Research Is this the same as Galicia Jewish Research, or is one for Spain? If not for Spain, then these need merging and a more clear title.
- Research in the Austro-Hungarian Empire - link to this as well as individual countries.
Ideas[edit | edit source]
I think that there should be a main category called Galicia. I understand there is a Galicia in Spain, I think, but that could have it's name as something like Galicia (Spain). Perhaps the other one could be Galicia (Eastern Europe) too. That way it's clear and both can direct to the other, to reduce confusion.
The question is topics and subtopics. Do we list resources for each country on the Galicia page, or do we simply link to said topic on the appropriate country page? For that matter, how do we explain to users how to figure out what present country their city/town/village is in?
The local cultures will also determine where to find help. That includes languages spoken, religion, ethnicity, etc.
Migration routes and reasons.
To do[edit | edit source]
- Topic or article needed - How to determine the present country where the city/town/village, you are researching, is.
- List of spoken languages in that region historically and presently.
- List of common religions in that region historically and presently.
- Ethnic regions