Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with his mother in 1961, and served in the France/Belgium Mission from 1969 to 1971. Also, lived in Quebec and Alberta, Canada; and Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah. Presently, he resides in West Valley City, Utah.
- MPA Graduate studies BYU - 1995-6
- BA University Studies (Linguistics, Religion, French, Sociology) BYU - 1978
- AA Professional Genealogical Research BYU - 1978
- AA Gerontology - BYU 1975
- Studies at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC 1972-4; transferred to BYU.
- AG - French-Canadian and Acadian Research 1977
- AG - France 1984
- AG - Canada (General) 1985
- AG - Belgium 1986
- Also, research experience in the United States, Switzerland, Ukraine, Italy, and British Isles.
- Phillips Cables - Lab Technician, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - 1971-2;
- Librarian - BYU Harold B. Lee Library, Provo, Utah - 1975-8;
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) - Finances, Provo, Utah - 1975-8;
- Research Assistant - BYU Humanities, Provo, Utah - 1975-7; BYU Religion 1980;
- Professional Genealogical Research - 1975 to present;
- Camera Operator for Genealogical Society of Utah (GSU) - Quebec, Canada - microfilming Catholic Registers - 1978-80;
- Head Accountant - HH Smith Customs Broker - Coutts, Alberta, Canada - 1980-2;
- Family History Library - 1983 to present (worked in Field Services Unit, Correspondence Unit, International Reference Unit, and presently in US/Canada Unit (1995 to present));
- Taught HIST 406R Canadian Research BYU - 2005; on leave.
- UGA Board of Directors 1988-91;
Lectures and Presenter at the following locations:
- Many genealogical seminars throughout Canada and the United States, from 1984 onwards; including BYU Family History and Genealogical seminars (many times).
Membership in Genealogical Societies
- Association of Professional Genealogists - Lifetime membership;
- Société Généalogique Canadienne-Françoise - Lifetime membership;
- Utah Genealogical Association - Lifetime membership;
- Annual memberships in many other societies and websites.
- Mainly published books for the family and donated a copy to the Family History Library, so that patrons could also have access to the information. See the Family History Catalog link
Projects participated in
- US Census WIKI Project 2009-10;
- Wrote several WIKI articles 2009-10.