User:Heidipeart/Sandbox/Czech Town Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Citing This Collection
- 9 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
Title in the Language of the Record[edit | edit source]
Record Description[edit | edit source]
This collection will include records from 1439-1787. The Czech territory during this time period was known as the Kingdom of Bohemia and after 1526 was integrated into the Habsbury Monarchy. This was the beginning of the Czech territory entering into the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Town records were established in the late 13th century to record a great deal of activities that were conducted in the town, such as marriages, trade, and criminal proceedings. Many new town books were created in 1849 and contained meeting minutes, financial and tax records, and other various wealth tracking documents.
This collection has various town records captured in the district archive of Chrudim (Státní okresní archiv Chrudim).
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Record Content[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
This section provides information on how to search the collection, what to do with information once found, some tips on how to find records, and what to do if no record is found.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, estimated [event] year, and family relationships.
Search the Collection[edit | edit source]
FIX THIS HIERARCHY WHEN MORE INFO HAS COME IN
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "…" category
⇒Select the “…" category which takes you to the images
⇒ Select the 'No treatment yet, see Greg for treatment' category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in [Czech]. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
- Czech Republic Language and Languages
- [Czech Republic Genealogical Word List)]
Using the Information[edit | edit source]
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use the county code and the certificate number to obtain a copy of the original death certificate from the county.
Tips to Keep in Mind[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Continue to search records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?[edit | edit source]
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. In addition local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the records of nearby localities (or military unties, counties, parishes, etc.).
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the Czech Republic.
|FHL Place Czech Republic items or FHL Keyword Czech Republic items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Czech Republic Archives and Libraries.|
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
- Czech Republic Town Records
- Czech Republic Land Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Czech Republic Censuses (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
A citation will be available on the Collection Details page when the collection is published.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.