User:Heidipeart/Sandbox/Czech Republic, Inhabitant Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Citing This Collection
- 9 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
Title in the Language of the Record[edit | edit source]
Record Description[edit | edit source]
This collection will include inhabitant records from 1850-1949 for Eastern Bohemia. The records are housed in the district archives of Trutnov and Nachod (Státní okresní archiv Nachod).
Inhabitant record cards show when a family moved in or out of a local area. The records are written in the languages of Czech and German. Some records are handwritten and may be difficult to read. Others may have faded ink or torn and damaged pages.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Record Content[edit | edit source]
Records may contain the following information: Marriage registers, Town records, Land records, Population registrations
Inhabitant records may contain the following information:
- Birth date and place
- Place of residency
- Spouse, parents’ names
- Marriage date and place
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
This section provides information on how to search the collection, what to do with information once found, some tips on how to find records, and what to do if no record is found.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, estimated birth, marriage, or death year, and family relationships.
Search the Collection[edit | edit source]
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the 'Okres' category
⇒ Select the 'Obec' category
⇒ Select the 'Místo' category
⇒ Select the 'Volume Number/Letter, Begin Year, End Year' category which takes you to the images.
UPDATE BROWSE HIERARCHY WHEN AVAILABLE Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in [Czech] and [German]. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
- Czech Republic Language and Languages
- Czech Republic Genealogical Word List
- German Word List
- German Language and Languages
Using the Information[edit | edit source]
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use the county code and the certificate number to obtain a copy of the original death certificate from the county.
Tips to Keep in Mind[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?[edit | edit source]
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. In addition local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the Czech Republic.
|FHL Place Czech Republic items or FHL Keyword Czech Republic items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Czech Republic Archives and Libraries.|
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
- Czech Republic
- Czech Republic Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Czech Republic Land Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Czech Republic Censuses (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Czech Republic, Civil Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
A citation will be available on the Collection Details page when the collection is published.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.