User:Dchin/Sandbox/Philippines, Jaro Archdiocese, Parish Registers 1699-2001 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
Title in the Language of the Record
This collection will include records from 1699-2001. It is a collection of Catholic parish registers from Iloilo province. Records include baptisms, marriages, deaths, and some confirmations. Date range of available records varies according to parish. Some records may show signs of damage.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are written in Spanish. For help reading these records see the following guides:
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
[Images should be in this section]
Baptism records may include:
- Child’s name
- Child’s birth date
- Baptism date
- Place of baptism
- Parents’ names
Confirmation records may include:
- Child’s name
- Confirmation date
- Place of confirmation
- Parents’ names
Marriage records may include:
- Names of bride and groom
- Marriage date
- Place of Marriage
- Names of bride and groom’s parents
Death records may include:
- Deceased’s name
- Deceased’s birth date
- Date of death
- Cause of death
- Name of closet living relative
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection
This section includes tips and information for searching the collection. As you are searching it is helpful to know information such as:
- Your ancestor’s name
- Approximate place where your ancestor may have been living
Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Municipality/Locality
- Select Parish Saint Name
- Select Record Type, Year Range to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
Using the Information
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use the soldier's age and location of the military unit to find his family in census, church, and land records.
- Use the county code and the certificate number to obtain a copy of the original death certificate from the county.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have served in the same unit or a nearby unit.
- You may need to search for both their Indian name and their English name.
- Be aware that, as with any index, transcription errors may occur.
Unable to Find your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. In addition local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the records of nearby localities (or military unties, counties, parishes, etc.).
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Philippines.
General Information about These Records
Examples of what to put in this section:
- Physical description or format of the original material
- History of the record
- Why the record was created
- Reliability of the information in the record
- Percentage of the population covered in the record
- Preservation quality of the record
|Don't Overlook FHL Place Philippines, Iloilo or FHL Keyword Philippines Iloilo Parish Registers in the FamilySearch Catalog. Use other keywords and the categories bar to the left to try alternate searches. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see England Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
Citing This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
A citation will be available when the collection is published.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.