1. Copy and paste the following template coding under the Population places header and any other explanation material:
2. If there is nothing under this header, go to Wikipedia to add the localities to the appropriate headings, such as Cities, Towns, etc.
3. If there are already items listed under Population places put them into the appropriate columns. Remember there are three columns. The first three items go in each of the columns. Where there are 4 to 6 items, the first two items go in col1. The next two in col2 and the last item in col3.
4. Be sure that there is an asterisk in front of each item and then insert it between the <div></div> tags. Hit "Enter" so the asterisks are up against the left edge of the page. Here is an example:
5. If there is more than one item in a column, it should look it this:
6. If there is a large number of items, count up them up. Divide the total number of items by three. The answer will be the number of items in each column. However, if there is a remainder after you have divided, round up the answer by one. That is the number of items to go into each of the columns.
Example: Lets say there are 23 items. Dividing 23 by 3 gives answer of 7 with a reminder of 2. Since we have a remainder we will round up the 7 to 8. So there will be 8 items in the first two columns and the remaining items in the last column.
7. Be sure to check with Wikipedia to see that you have all the localities that are listed on their county page.
8. Last step is to erase all the <div></div> that have not been used.