Banai Lynn Feldstein is a professional genealogist based in Salt Lake City. Her business web site is at http://idogenealogy.com/ and her blog, the Ginger Jewish Genealogist, is at http://idogenealogy.com/blog/.
- Specializes in Jewish research in the USA and Eastern Europe.
- Extensive experience in Polish and Ukrainian records.
- Additional experience in Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, French, Spanish, Italian records.
- Can read vital records in most European languages and Hebrew.
- The Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- The Polish Archive in Lomza, first European archive visited
- Uzhgorod Archive in Ukraine
- Kalisz Urząd Stanu Cywilnego (civil registration office)
Banai is a leader in the Utah Jewish Genealogical Society where she serves as Treasurer, Webmaster, Past President, and previously was the Newsletter Editor.
She also volunteers as the webmaster for the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS), was co-chair of the 34th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy in Salt Lake City, followed by volunteer positions for the next three conferences in Israel, Seattle, and Orlando.
Banai is also a computer programmer and web site developer, doing business as Great Bird Enterprises, .
CSI: Crowd Sourced Indexing
Banai is the programmer of CSI: Crowd Sourced Indexing, a free web-based program that societies and SIGs can use to index their genealogy records. CSI was a semi-finalist in the 2017 RootsTech Innovator Showdown, received the first Gesher Galicia Pamela Weisberger Memorial Fund Innovation Award in 2017, and the IAJGS Award for Outstanding Project/Resource Program in 2018.