- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Local Resources
- 5 Helpful Websites (free access)
- 6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 2801 Douglas Dr Crystal, MN 55422-2403
- We are located in the lower level of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Park in the lower parking lot and enter through the doors located there.
- Mondays: 9am - 3pm
- Tuesdays: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesdays: 10am - 1pm and 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursdays: 10am - 1pm and 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Holiday Schedule 2017:
Closed all Major Holidays as well as:
- April 1st 2017 LDS General Conference
- May 3rd 2017 (evening only) Special Event
- June 25th-July 12th 2017
- September 30th 2017 LDS General Conference
- November 19th-26th 2017
- December 22nd 2017-January 1st 2018 (reopening January 2nd)
Calendar and Events
Click to see the schedule of FamilySearch Online Classes
Things to Do at the Family History Center
- FamilySearch Catalog: Patrons are able to view images of digitized films available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Microfiche Collection -- a collection of microfiche, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of microfilms on a variety of subjects, including vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- Many genealogy related books, maps, gazetteers, and atlases
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Genealogy database software
These genealogy programs can be used for free within the center:
- Ancestral Quest
- Family Insight
- And others
Hardware and Equipment
- 16 networked computer workstations
- 1 Paper copier
- 7 microfilm/1 microfiche readers
- 2 microfilm/fiche digital scanners
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Internet Access
- Wireless Internet Access for Laptops
Archives and Libraries'
- Minnesota Historical Society and Archives - Link Is a source for many records from all over the state of Minnesota. They also have a bookstore and several classes offered.
- Hennepin County Library - Link They have several databases that can be accessed through a library card. The Minneapolis Library also has a large historical collection. All branches have many resources of interest to researchers.
- Minnesota Genealogical Society - Link A society that specializes in Minnesota research. They also have their own library of research materials. They offer conferences, meetings and many classes throughout the year.
- Germanic Genealogy Society - Link A society that specializes in Germanic research. They offer conferences, meetings, and many classes throughout the year. They also house their library at Concordia Library in St. Paul, MN.
Helpful Websites (free access)
Volunteer at the Center
Just want to learn more about Family History? - Those who serve always learn the most! Experienced family historians - We need your knowledge and skills. INTERESTED: Contact our Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center, Alan Stoddard or Audra Stoddard, at the Center (763-544-2479) or by email (email@example.com) for an interview.