Uranienborg, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Uranienborg, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Microfilms at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Uranienborg parish in Oslo city. It was established in 1877. Records are for 1880-1915.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Uranienborg parish was established May 29, 1880 and apparently took in the area that was annexed to the city by the law of May 12, 1877. The east border for the parish was thereby the old city limits from 1857, namely a line from Niels Juels gate by the water south, and to Fagerborg north. On the west the border followed the new city limits of 1877, which followed the Frogner river from Frognerkilen in the south to Blindern brook, along Blindern brook by Majorstua and finally Kirkeveien up to Fagerborg.
The southern part was split off as Frogner parish and the northern part as Fagerborg parish in 1897. The new borders after that were, Gyldenløves gate, Colbjørnsens gate, Hegdehaugsveien, Bogstadveien and the city limits of the time.
A new Majorstua parish was established in 1958, which took in parts from Uranienborg parish.