United States Census 1950
Release Date[edit | edit source]
Scheduled for public release in April 2022.
Census Questions[edit | edit source]
A PDF copy of the United States Census Bureau 1950 Instructions is available.
The census collected the following information from all respondents:
- whether house is on a farm
- relationship to head of household
- marital status
- if foreign born, whether naturalized
- employment status
- hours worked in week
- occupation, industry and class of worker
In addition, a sample of individuals were asked additional questions covering income, marital history, fertility, and other topics.
Full documentation on the 1950 census, including census forms and a procedural history, is available from the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.Wikipedia
National Archives Catalog[edit | edit source]
1950 Census Enumeration District Maps - Selected[edit | edit source]
1950 Census Enumeration District Census Maps are included in the series:Enumeration District and Related Maps, 1880 - 1990 NAID 821491 On this page clink on the link that says “Search within this series” Find the locality of interest then click on the link. It will take you to the locality page. On this page click on the link “Search Within this File Unit” It will then display in the results links to scanned maps. From the results find the census year of this.
Examples of 1950 Census Enumeration District maps
- 1950 Census Enumeration District Maps - California (CA) - Los Angeles County - Beverly Hills - ED 19-158 to 197
- 1950 Census Enumeration District Maps - Kentucky (KY) - Jefferson County - Louisville - ED 122-1 to 624
See also the National Archives Blog article “ Snapshot USA:1950 Census Enumeration District Maps”
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
- Folder 14 Form 17Fld-1, Portfolio Control Label, 17th Decennial Census, 1949-1950
- Population Schedules for the 1950 Census, 1950 - 1950 NAID 43290879
Statistical Report[edit | edit source]
- Census of population, 1950 : a report of the seventeenth decennial census of the United States. Washington, D.C. : United States. Government Printing Office, 1953. 2 volumes Digital Books
- QUESTIONS FROM THE 1950 CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING, FORM P-1, Integrated Public Use Microdata Series
Enumeration Form[edit | edit source]