Ulvik Parish, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Ulvik, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
|Amt 1689-1919||1660-1763: Bergenhus, 1763-1919: Søndre Bergenhus|
|Fogderi||Hardanger og Voss|
|Sorenskriveri||Hardanger og Voss|
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library for Ulvik clerical district) contains the parish registers for the parishes Ulvik, Granvin, and Eidfjord. Records available from 1664-1923. Also include Voss/Taugevand from 1900-1939.
Images of digitized parish registers are available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 1664-1666 Census Fogdenes og sorenskrivernes manntall Hardanger fogderi Ulvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Film 122980 Item 1 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images.
- 1664-1666 Census Sogneprestenes manntall Hardanger fogderi Ulvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Film 122971 Item 4 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a database.
- 1701 Census Hardanger fogderi Ulvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Film 122983 Item 1 and online at Digitalarkivet as Manntal 1701 for Søndre Bergenhus amt.
- 1801 Census Ulvik clerical district includesUlvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes. Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Film 123002 Item 2 and online at Digitalarkivet as 1801-telling for 1233 Graven.
- 1865 Census Ulvik clerical district includesUlvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes. Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Film 123070 Item 1 and online at Digitalarkivet as 1865-telling for 1233 Ulvik.
- 1875 Census Ulvik clerical district includes Ulvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes. Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Films 273467-273468 and online at Digitalarkivet as 1875-telling for 1233 Ulvik.
- 1900 Census Ulvik clerical district includes Ulvik, Eidfjord and Granvin parishes. Microfilm images of this records are available at the Family History Library Films 27328-27274330 and online at Digitalarkivet as 1900-telling for 1233 Ulviks and 1900-telling for 1234 Granvins.
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center.
Court Records[edit | edit source]
Land Records[edit | edit source]
Farm Books[edit | edit source]
Ulvik bygdeboknemd,Ulvik gards- og ættesoga, Ulvik : Ulvik Herad, c1987. A genealogy and a history of the people and their farms in Ulvik, Hordaland, Norway. FHL 948.32/U2 D2u Farm name indexes to volumes 1 and 2 are found in the following links. File:948.32-U2 D2u V1 - Ulvik 1.pdf, File:948.32-U2 D2u V2 - Ulvik 2.pdf
Family History Library microfiche number 6068149 also has an extensive farm name index.
|The farm name indexes referenced above include many more names than the list below.|
Kolltveit, Olav, 1895-1917; Ulvik bygdeboknemd: Ulvik gards-og ættisoga.
Innhold: b. 1. Almennsoga og ein del gards- og ættesoga -- b. 2. Gards- og ættesoga Syse - Vallavik.
A genealogy and a history of the people and their farms in Ulvik, Hordaland, Norway. 948.32/U2 D2
Farm Names[edit | edit source]
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Name Index in about 1900 were as follows:
75 Aarshaug 77 Aaseim 65 Audneland 58 Aurdal
34 Bagne 60 Berge lille 33 Bolstad 63 Byrseim
46 Haaeim 53 Hakestad nedre 80 Hallanger 57 Hestestaaene 76 Hetlenes 67 Hjelmevold 43 Hjeltnes 35 Holkasvik 44 Holmen 68 Hyllen
56 Langvasstølen 49 Lekve nedre 64 Lindebrekke 71 Lisebrekke 54 Ljone
78 Neseim østre
55 Oppeim 49 Opsæter lille 37 Ose 38 Osefinse
36 Rembesdalen 40 Rondestveit
48 Sigridteigen 69 Skeie 59 Solbjørg 66 Spaaneim 36 Sygnestveit 51 Sysen 39 Sævertveit
48 Torblaa 74 Tveite indre
81 Vallevik 70 Vambeim 79 Vangen 41 Vattetveit 57 Vestreim 42 Viknes
For a larger list of farm names, click below, then click again on the next link:
Genealogy[edit | edit source]
Erber, Audrey, 1917: Brita Edwinson, Elling Thompson, and Endre Anderson family history.
1st part to author's 2nd book: Doyle-Burns family history : it's the Irish in me / by Audrey and Thomas Erber. c1996.
History of three families that emigrated from Norway to the United States in the 1850's. The Anveson (later Edwinson) family from Ulvik, Hordaland; the Endreson (later Anderson) family from Krødsherad, Buskerud; and the Thoreson (later Thompson) family from Ulvik, Hordaland and Frosta, Nord Trondelag, Norway. Families settled first in Wisconsin, then in Iowa and finally in the Dakotas. Brita Andersdtr (Edwinson) (1796-1896) was born on the farm Vambheim, Ulvik, Hordaland, Norway. She was the daughter of Anders Larsson and Anna Oddmundsdtr. She married 1828 Anve Mandrupson (1799-1838). Brita Edwinson came to Wisconsin with her daughter in 1853. Mandrup Edwinson, her son, had come in 1849 and settled in Lodi, Columbia Co., Wisc. Katrina Edwinson, daughter of Brita and Anve, married Elling Thoreson (Thompson). Anders Anvesson, son of Brita and Anve, remained in Norway. He died 1931 in Gloppen, Sandane, Norway. His descendants remain in Sandane. They had adopted surname Oydvin. Endre Olson, son of Ole Endreson and Mari Kristoffersdtr., was born 1816 in Glesne, Krødsherad. He married Ingeborg Korneliusdtr. 1842
in Sigdal, Buskerud Co., Norway. This family immigrated to Jordon Twp., Green Co., Wisconsin in 1850. Includes bibliographical references and index. Includes Edwinson, Thompson, Anderson, Oydvin etc. families. FHL 929.273 Ed99. To view a digital version click here
Kolltveit, Olav, 1895-1979: Hædersbonden Kristofer Sjurson Hjeltnes 1730-1804: ei slekts-, livs- og gardssoge frå Ulvik i Hardanger. Life and family history of Kristofer Sjurson Hjeltnes (1730-1804) of Ulvik in Hardanger, Hordaland co., Norway. FHL 921.481 H643. To view a digital version click here
Erber, Audrey, 1917-: Norwegian family histories 1585-1850: a peek at the lives of the ancestors of our families who settles in Columbia County, Dane County, and Green County, Wisconsin in the 9th century. Genealogies of Norwegian families from Buskerud and Hordaland counties, Norway. Descendants live in Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota and elsewhere. Patronymic surnames used throughout the book. FHL 948.25 D2
Hausberg, Sverre: Ætti til riksråd Ole Monsson Mjelde, fødd 1865, død 1942.
Mjelde historie med genealogi etter Ole Monsson Mjelde. History of Mjelde, Norway and central Hordaland through the family of Ole Monsson Mjelde. FHL 948.32/M5 D2
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
1695-1881: Records are found in Hardanger og Voss judicial district.